Search This Blog

18 April 2024

UPDATED: Etherington brothers comics - the early years

I've been interested in looking at the early comics works of the Etherington brothers for some time now and I've finally scooped up enough images to get me started. There's a lot of gaps here though so I'd be delighted for any help that anyone can give me.

THIS UPDATE: I've found a cover image for the 2nd trade paperback so I've included it here.

Yore! 
This was (according to this link) was free with issue 6 of Dennis and Gnasher megazine #6. This was a collection of material that had previously appeared in The Dandy.



There's also Malcolm Magic. This appeared as single issues and then as collected editions. I don't have any images (yet!) of the single issues but I'm slightly better off with the collected editions. Here's volume 1...this has issues 1-3 collected




Malcolm Magic, trade paperback #2 (collects issues 4-6)

so that just leaves me looking for cover images for collected edition #3 & 4.

There was also a "consolidated" collected edition with all 12 issues & extra stuff.

When I tweeted about this search previously I was delighted to have some feedback from them with the following images...thanks again guys!

Tusk comic, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers

Moon! comic, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers

Malcolm Magic comic #1, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers


Malcolm Magic comic #2, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers


Malcolm Magic comic #3, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers


Malcolm Magic comic #4, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers

Malcolm Magic comic #5, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers


Malcolm Magic comic #6, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers


Malcolm Magic comic #9, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers


The Drawing board, Blink Twice publications, the Etherington Brothers


And here are the backs to some of those comics - top row is (I believe) issue 1, 2 and 3. I believe the bottom row is issues 4, 5 and 6


No comments:

Post a Comment