Search This Blog

4 May 2024

Cover for Oink! issue 58 by Lew Stringer

Just a quick shout-out for this piece of original comic art that cartoonist Lew Stringer currently has up for sale. As he says...

This is my FIRST VERSION of the cover artwork to OINK! comic No.53 (1988). Although I was pleased with the face of PETE AND HIS PIMPLE, I wasn't happy with how I'd done the captions so I rejected it and started again. (These days I could have adjusted things in Photoshop but back in 1988 that wasn't a thing.)

ANYWAY, this is the half completed first version of the cover that hopefully will interest collectors!

Black ink on Bristol Board. Original art, not a print, not a facsimile.

Condtion: Excellent!

Bidding ends on Monday night - good luck if you bid!







No comments:

Post a Comment