Search This Blog

4 February 2019

Rare jigsaw featuring Jane of the Daily Mirror up for auction

Over here on that ebay is a rare chance to acquire (for £225 or best offer) a rare item I've never seen before... 

Yes, it's a comic strip jigsaw featuring Jane of the Daily Mirror  (which looks to have been illustrated by strip creator Norman Pett) 


The seller says...
This is a story involving Jane and her boyfriend Georgie going to a Fancy Dress Ball. The jigsaw is complete and in very nice condition. I have the original box as well, produced by "Bell" - Series No. 1. The box has a little edge and corner wear, but is generally very nice. It is not dated - I would guess at mid 40's.

I can't seem to find anything out about this (these?) jigsaws can anyone else shed any light on it (them)?

There are a number of Jane books to collect but this is the first jigsaw I've seen...








No comments:

Post a Comment