Search This Blog

30 March 2022

Garry Leach artwork

Like many people I was shocked to learn of the death yesterday of artist Garry Leach. There wasn't enough of his artwork in my childhood so I when I became aware of his work later on in life I was always pleased to discover it. Here's what I've showcased on the blog previously... 

UKCAC programme 1990, A4 sized, 112 pages, Garry Leach cover

Presented free with Eagle and Battle with Storm Force in the issue dated 29th August 1987* here's what Garry drew...

It's in 3-D so suggest you see if you can find an old pair so that you can enjoy the strip in all its glory!

*and quite possible other Fleetway titles produced on this date (2000AD?)














I loved the VC's strip (which I saw in those Quality comics reprints) and I understand the covers for these books, although unsigned, is by Garry.

The VCs book one, Titan books, May 1987

The VCs book two, Titan books, July 1987

and I've finally found a Just Comics advert with a signature on! This is from the UKCAC 1990 brochure (see cover image above)



No comments:

Post a Comment