Search This Blog

27 August 2018

Captain Condor rare merchandise not to be sniffed at

Dan Dare really monopolised British comics space-based merchandise but his rival Captain Condor was not above getting in on the merchandise action...First 2 images are small handkerchiefs from my collection (of comic stuff, not handkerchiefs)...


This final image is one that I grabbed from an ebay listing a while back and show that, innovatively, the handkerchief set actually tell a story...
This image also shows that different colour schemes were used on the same image - compare my red-edged handkerchiefs with the ones above. I'm sure that collecting a set of these is hard enough without worrying about getting a blue-edged set, a green-edged set and a red-edged set. Who knows though? If you're a big Captain Condor fan there's not a lot of '50s merchandise out there for you to collect and this may be your Holy Grail. Good luck with it.

2 comments:

  1. Hi,
    I have a blue edged one titled 'mysterious objects'. It has a futuristic plane and some ufos in the sky. On the ground there are a few people (stylised 1950s 'natives' I suspect). Can't work how to attach photo. If you want to see it send me an email.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - that would be great, you can email me via rsheaf2001ATyahoo.co.uk [replacing the AT with @] - thanks so much!

      Delete