Search This Blog

15 December 2018

Terry Bave's Whacko comic

I was saddened the other day to read (here) of the death of British humour comics stalwart Terry Bave. As a lad I read his work in (my brother's copy of) Whizzer & Chips but I probably became most interested in his work when I discovered some unique try-out strips he'd drawn for a comic that never made it to the newsstand, Whacko.

I tell the full story here so I won't go into it all again but I will share some of Terry's unique characters with you here...


You should see that Terry has signed each of the final panels.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, it is with a great sadness that I have to announce the passing of Terry Bave of 6th December 2018, after a short illness. He was one of the greats from the golden age of British comics. He was drawing right to the end, completing a wedding anniversary card for his wife in October. He will be sadly missed by his family and comic fans.
    All the best, Russell Bave (Terry's son).

    ReplyDelete