Search This Blog

3 May 2021

Cartoon Aid - the big book (part 3)

I've looked before at publications associated with the Cartoon Aid charity (like Band Aid but with more cartoons and less Bob Geldof) - if you missed them they are as follows...
a). the Olympic book is here
b). Bryan Hitch's work in the Kidz book is here
c). Mike Collin's work in the Kidz book is here
d). Terry & Sheila Bave's work in the Kidz book is here
e). Simon Donald's work in the Kidz book is here
f). Cartoon Aid auction at Sotheby's & a festival in Margate is here
g). Waddington's jigsaw (from the Margate festival is here)
h). Scare Bears monster party book is here 
i). a REALLY big tome called Cartoon Aid here 

I've started looking at some of the contents of this big book, so far I've looked at Asterix (here and here) and now I've found that there is some DC Thomson material in there and I just wondered if these were reprints of if they were new for this book?

I've just scanned the first page of the Dennis strip and the Desperate Dan strip but I'm hoping that'll be enough of a clue for a real expert in this area.

Any questions just let me know, thanks!


Update this was The Dandy issue #2337 (cover dated September 6th 1986)




Update: this was a reprint from Beeb issue #1 (January 29th - 4th February 1985)

Update: this was a reprint from Beeb issue #2 (February 5th - 11th 1985)


1 comment:

  1. Desperate Dan and Dennis The Menace are reprints as I have seen those before years ago.

    ReplyDelete