Search This Blog

7 January 2021

Express Weekly supplements - part 2 (of 3)

I've looked at free gifts with various comics before...
Eagle free gifts are here
Robin free gifts are here
Swift free gifts are here

...and today it's the turn of Express Weekly comic - I don't have any actual issues of Express Weekly but I do have a few of these advertising supplements that were included in a few weeks in early 1960.

Previously (here) I looked at the first example I had of these - the advertiser was the Gas Council

Next up the advertiser is Dunlop...this is the supplement for the issue dated February 13th 1960.

I know there was a supplement on January 23rd and now one for February 13th - so I'm assuming there was also a supplement for January 30th and February 6th.

The artist used here looks like Robert Ayton (who illustrated Jack O'Lantern in Eagle)...but I'd welcome other theories...


You get 8 pages in total - pages 1, 4, 5 and 8 are in colour & the rest are in black & white.




No comments:

Post a Comment