Search This Blog

16 January 2021

Goodies fun book (2)

Inspired by this recent post (by friend of the blog Michael Carroll) I've tracked down both the 'Goodies fun books'. They're quite different beasts - this volumes is aimed at a much younger audience than this volume (which is much more 'adventure' strip orientated).

Anyway, this volume...It's A4 size 52 pages (including covers) with a mix of colour and black & white artwork. I've not included examples of all the material but I've got most of the strips here - they're mainly single page strips - again in contrast to the 'adventure' volume where the strips were often 3 pages long.



This art is signed by 'Fel' who it turns out is Bert Felstead - a veteran of Fleetway nursery titles (says Steve Holland (and one other person) when I posted this query originally).

I've included this pages as an excuse to show a beautiful Basil Reynolds image of a red squirrel






No comments:

Post a Comment