Search This Blog

9 October 2018

David Hitchcock - Victorain Gothic kickstarter launches

David Hitchcock has launched a Kickstarter campaign here to raise funds for, as he puts it himself...

I've always loved drawing and reading comics. Even from an early age I used to copy from all the big US comic artists, the likes of Jack Kirby, Steve Ditko and many other industry greats. This art book will showcase many Illustrations I have done over the years, along with a small selection devoted to my early efforts that have somehow managed to survive my childhood, up to the work Im producing right now as we speak. The work within the book will showcase my own creations and images, except for a handful of commission pieces which I am particularly fond of.


More than 12 years ago I somehow won a prestigious Eagle Award, here in the UK, for one of my self published comics SPRINGHEELED JACK. Indeed, most of the work I create is of a Victorian gothic taste. This style became my calling card, and this art book will be predominantly of the same flavour. I want you to love this art book so every effort will strive to make it, and the rewards something to look back on in years to come. 




This book is half done, many of the illustrations may have been seen in various stages of completion, many still need to be plucked from my fevered brain, but rest assured that the delivery date will be honoured to the best of my ability. The book will consist of a few short comic stories interspersed with the single showcase illustrations. I've given myself a few months to complete.

The campaign is already 95% funded - with a copy of the book available from £15 (plus postage) and original art (plus book, and signed prints) pledges at only £60.

I really like David's work and am slowly catching up on stuff that I've missed in the past, I'll be backing this and hope you will too.

No comments:

Post a Comment