Search This Blog

17 October 2018

Kieron GIllen first comics work identified

Gosh comics have announced a signing with comics writer Kieron Gillen, see poster below...




I've not read The Wicked + the Divine or Phonogram but even I know that Kieron would count as a big name writer with his credits covering Thor, Journey into mystery, (Uncanny) X-men and plenty more besides. What most caught my eye whilst glancing through his Wikipedia page (here) was the reference to that said ...Gillen has written for both print and online comics. He has worked for Warhammer Monthly but no more details than that.

So, the question was could I identify the 'lost' issue of Warhammer monthly that Kieron had first written for (he might not be that excited about his offering for Warhammer monthly as his Wikipedia page also quotes him as saying that his 2006 project, Phonogram, was his 'first real comics project')?

Anyway, a look in my collection of Warhammer monthly showed that Wikipedia was indeed right, Kieron HAD written for Warhammer monthly. Now I don't have a full set of Warhammer monthly (I need issues 80 and 84-6) so this might not be a full listing of his work for Warhammer monthly but his work did definitely appear in the following issues...    

Issue 74



Issue 83


No work in issues 1-73, 75-9 or 81-2

No comments:

Post a Comment