Search This Blog

3 August 2018

Brian Lewis - the city under the sea

I picked this up recently - no prizes for guessing how much it cost me - because, initially, I recognised the name of the author as being a comics writer.

According to his Wikipedia page (here) Bulmer was an incredibly prolific author who also turned his hand to writing comics and, in fact, helping to create The Steel Claw. 
My pleasure at getting a book by Bulmer was increased further when I realised that the cover was by Brian Lewis - probably one of the most versatile talents UK comics has ever had the pleasure to know. He could do straight stuff, horror stuff, humour stuff, such a (sadly-missed) all-rounder. I've got some lovely examples of his range of work coming up over the next few weeks, stay tuned!

The book is copyright 1957



No comments:

Post a Comment