Search This Blog

16 November 2018

The best of Roy of the Rovers monthly - part 1

There's a lot of Roy around at the moment so it feels like the right time to have a little look back at a neglected area of Roy collecting, yep, it's the best of Roy of the Rovers monthly...and it's not all Roy there's plenty of other strips in here too...27 issues in total (64 pages each), here we go...

Issue 1 - mainly Hot Shot Hamish (and a little bit of Roy) - the best Hot Shot Hamish reprint title until that annual came out in 2009 

Issue 2 - The Safest hands in soccer - plus a little bit of Roy

Issue 3 - half The Hard Man, half Roy

Issue 4 - almost all Tommy's troubles and just a little bit of Roy

Issue 5 - mainly Kevin 'Mighty' Mouse and a bit of Roy - is this the best (only?) reprint out there of Kevin's exploits? Only time will tell, but it's definitely the best one so far.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for posting this!
    I grew up with Roy through the 80's, & the monthly series was a great way to get to know the origins of some of those characters who were still in the weekly comic, & ones I wasn't so familiar with from earlier decades. I still have quite a collection in my parents loft, which I'd love to get my hands on (though they are in London & I'm now in Aus).
    Great memories! Thanks again!

    Oh, & did you ever do any additional parts in this series?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. plenty more parts - you can check out all my mentions of 'Roy of the Rovers' via this link https://boysadventurecomics.blogspot.com/search/label/Roy%20of%20the%20rovers

      Delete