Search This Blog

21 July 2019

The Worm - part 1

For a long time I've seen copies of The Worm whenever I've been to the Cartoon Museum, but I've only recently picked up a copy - and what a treat it is!

Behind a cover by Simon Bisley there are 40+ full colour pages, with each pages featuring 6 frames of the story (usually you'll get 5-6 different artists on a page, some artists appear more than one in the book). And the talent involved in this effort to create the longest comic strip in the world.

I'll just give you a taster of the artists involved but I urge you to pick up a copy wherever you can...

Cover by Simon Bisley

Glenn Fabry does the middle 2 panels, Bambos Georgiou the 5th panel and 2000ad art editor (and artist) Robin Smith the 6th panel

Ian Gibson provides the art for frames 4 and 5

Kevin O'Neill provides the art for frames 2 & 3; and John Bolton frame 5

No comments:

Post a Comment