Search This Blog

29 October 2021

Marvel UK's 'Rugrats' - Mike McMahon (part 2)

A long time ago I read a brief overview of Mike McMahon's career in a comics convention programme which said of McMahon "...his left field but delightful take on both Sonic the Hedgehog and Rugrats are two further examples of the artist pushing the boundaries of expectation".

Hmmm, I thought, I didn't know he worked on Rugrats...so off I pop to Wikipedia (here) which reports that he...
produced two 6 page strips for the Marvel UK/Panini fully originated fortnightly comic Rugrats (he would have been commissioned to draw more, but the comic was cancelled)

Sadly no mention of which issues these strips appeared in. Anyway, I thought I'd collect Rugrats comic until I came across these two strips and I've finally done it!

Part one of his work in this comic was here

Mike's work appears in Rugrats #13 cover dated 15th January 1997. The credits are below for this particular issue...


So he provides the pencils for 2 strips, here's the second...






For all other mention of Mick on the blog click on this link or on this link

No comments:

Post a Comment