Search This Blog

19 November 2017

Dan Dire - part 1

From the pages of Private Eye, from about 30 years ago, I have an incomplete collection of Dan Dire - pilot of the future? cartoons, here are 3 early episodes.
You may have to cast your mind back to work out which particular politicians are being lampooned but you can see the details of the original strip being fed through into this rip-off versions that tells you that the artist is a fan.

From # 673, 2/10/87

From # 675, 30/10/87

From #682, 05/02/88

1 comment:

  1. Blimey, that brings back some memories! Dan Dire was the successor strip to The Battle of Britain by Monty Stubble (geddit?). I was at my mum's recently and was inspired by your post to dig around in the loft for old Private Eyes and, sure enough, I found a bunch! Issues 673 to 690, then a lonely 704, and... That's it! I'll never know if the heroic Dan Dire beat the Maggon...

    ReplyDelete