Search This Blog

20 February 2022

UPDATED: Gargoyles - Titan comics

I've looked before at comics from Titan comics (here) and I wanted to look at another title I know very little about. Gargoyles ran in 1996/7 for, I think, 9 issues (see below for more details). 

So, without further ado, here's my covers gallery. As ever, there are a few (!) gaps so if you can help out do let me know.

New addition to this post is the addition of the issue #2 cover

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 1, November 1996

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 2, December 1996
Here's an advert for issue #2 (from the pages of Jonny Quest - the real adventures)

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 3, January 1997 [on the right-hand side]

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 4, February 1997 [on the left-hand side]

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 5, March 1997
image not to hand - can you help?

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 6, April 1997

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 7, May 1997
image not to hand - can you help?

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 8, June 1997
image not to hand - can you help?

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 9, July 1997
image not to hand - can you help?

Gargoyles comic, Titan comics, issue 10, August 1997
image not to hand - can you help?

I note that in issue #82 (June 1997) of Comics International lists issue #10 in the 'Advance listings' section but in issue #83 (July 1997) Gargoyles is listed as cancelled. I'm therefore assuming it could run until issue 10 but, of course, just because a title has been solicited doesn't mean it's been printed.

3 comments:

  1. Which issue of Johnny Quest had the advertisement?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Which issue of Johnny Quest had the Gargoyles advertisement?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. from issue #2 of 'Jonny Quest - the real adventures'. I've updated my blog post accordingly.

      Delete