Search This Blog

31 January 2024

Eric Parker female heads (part 3 of 4)

I've recently begun a lengthy series of blog posts all about renowned illustrator Eric Parker (check out his Wikipedia entry here) who had a 50 year (!) career as a comic illustrator.

I've looked at Roughs (part 1) here
Roughs (part 2) here
Roughs (part 3) here
Roughs (part 4) here
Female heads (part 1) here
Female heads (part 2) here

and now we turn our attention to the start of a series of illustrations of women's heads...I'd love to think that some of these are character sketches for characters that would appear in Sexton Blake but I can't be certain 



She could definitely be in a Sexton Blake story

This image intrigues me as I'd swear it was in fact a man - based on the short hair, striking nose and too bright make up - rather than a woman 

This looks like the start of a life drawing


No comments:

Post a Comment