Search This Blog

5 November 2020

Talking Doonesbury

I recently recorded (here) a podcast all about my love of legendary Amercian newspaper cartoon strip Doonesbury -

So as well as suggesting giving it a listen I thought I'd share some images from my collection - most of which get a mention in the podcast...

Ok no mention for this but the Doonesbury stamp album truly is a thing of beauty...

An actual Duje action figure from the book, Action Figure!

Here's that terrifying list of books (from the first ever Doonesbury book I got)

That same booked complete with GB Trudeau squiggle

Another signature - thanks to Steve at the Cartoon Museum for helping with this...

A great starting point for all those new to Doonesbury

For that deeper dive - the 40th anniversary volume - it's not all the strips from the last 40 years (but it feels like it when you pick it up) 

Comic Treasures (1)

Comic Treasures (2)

  

 

1 comment:

  1. I got into Doonesbury in 1987 during the year I was living in America. I managed to track down and collect every book that year.
    I do have that Duke action figure and also the CD-ROM that came out in the 90s with every strip.
    I remember at university turning the long running Ginny Slade election story (the one where Joanie met Rick) into a radio script and recording it with the Theatre Studies department.

    ReplyDelete