Search This Blog

13 June 2021

Cricket annuals

I should have been watching England play Test cricket on Friday but it didn't happen, so, instead, here's a selection of cricket annual to get you in the mood (!) for the Summer..




covers (above and below) by John Gillatt

I think this is the first Denis Compton annual (1951)

Denis Compton's annual - 1952

Denis Compton's annual - 1953

Denis Compton's annual - 1954

Denis Compton's annual - 1955

Denis Compton's annual - 1956

Denis Compton's annual - 1957

So as well as Denis Compton being famous enough to have a series of annuals published I wondered what other cricketers might have had this privilege conferred on them...
1983 (above)
1984 (below)

Sadly I'm not sure the equivalent annual exists today, so no annual for Kevin Pietersen, Ben Stokes or Joe Root any time soon I fear :(

One last one though, this one (from 1980) not apparently featuring Ian Botham at all...


Have I missed any other annuals - can you help? I'd also be interested in cricket strips, again, details welcomed

Update...David Gower liked the tweet I put out about the above annuals - yay!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment