Search This Blog

25 July 2022

UPDATED: 'Centurions' covers by Will Simpson

A recent trip to #LFCC gave me the chance to talk to artist Will Simpson about some of his early comics covers for Centurions Power Xtreme that I thought he'd done but which were unsigned. I've updated my notes below - all new posts are thus

For anyone who enjoyed the cover of last week's 2000ad by Will Simpson I thought I'd just highlight some of his earlier cover artwork for a TV cartoon series toy line tie-in comic...yes, it's '80s comic series Centurions Power Xtreme - surely you remember it?



Centurions Power Xtreme - issue 2, cover by Will Simpson
no signature present on the printed cover but he's kindly signed my copy with a Sharpie!

Centurions Power Xtreme - issue 3, cover by Will Simpson

Centurions Power Xtreme - issue 4, cover by Will Simpson
no signature present on the printed cover but he's kindly signed my copy with a Sharpie!

Centurions Power Xtreme - issue 5, cover by Will Simpson

Centurions Power Xtreme - issue 6, cover by Will Simpson

Centurions Power Xtreme - issue 7, cover by Will Simpson
no signature present on the printed cover but he's kindly signed my copy with a Sharpie!

Centurions Power Xtreme - issue 8, cover by Will Simpson

Centurions Power Xtreme - issue 9, cover by Will Simpson

Published by London Editions the series ran for just 10 issue. He also confirmed that he didn't draw the covers for issues 1 or 10 (but we now know that he did do the covers for issue 2-9).

I think Will illustrated more than just the covers above but these were the only covers he signed.


1 comment: