Search This Blog

6 December 2023

Giles esoterica

I've not covered cartoonist Carl Giles very much on the blog so far but I thought this item that I spotted on ebay a while ago would be a good place to start. 

I don't propose to list out all the 'classic' Giles annuals, instead I'll be concentrating on the more obscure items of Giles ephemera / memorabilia that are out there to collect. First up then, one for all Felixstowe based Giles fans...

Giles was President of Felixstowe Ferry Sailing Club from 1984 to 1995, and regularly provided the cartoon on the menu of the Annual Laying-Up Supper. He also provided cartoons to promote the Felixstowe Carnival.




Carl Giles, chatting to Felixstowe ferryman Charlie Brinkley, a photo from the book, Felixstowe Village Life





1 comment:

  1. I notice 'The Eagle Book of Cars' in your banner - I still have my copy, too!

    ReplyDelete