Search This Blog

11 July 2024

Eaglecon 80 - part 5

It occurs to me that I've not covered anything to do with the very first Eagle comic convention - Eaglecon 80. A recent sale by ace ebay seller phil-comics (here) of one of the awards from Eaglecon 80 (see below) for £155 has inspired me to start looking images.

I looked at some initial images here
We had images about what was on display here
images of the original art that was on display here
the banquet dinner here

All these images are from the late, great Eagle & Dan Dare historian Adrian Perkins.

And now we have images from the panels that were held as part of the convention 

Alan Vince interviews Frank Hampson

Alan Vince talks to Charles Chilton (centre) and Frank Humphris (right)

Charles Chilton (centre) and Frank Humphris (right)

Frank Humphris (left) and Charles Chilton (right) 

Adrian Perkins (left) and Macdonald Hastings (right)

Marcus Morris (standing) at the opening session

Adrian Perkins (standing) at the opening session

panel discussion


2 comments:

  1. I think that's me on the left hand side of the fourth picture, talking to Frank Humphris. (The good looking one).

    ReplyDelete
  2. I met Marcus Morris and Frank Hampson at the convention and both of them signed a copy of Eagle for me!

    ReplyDelete