Search This Blog

17 March 2020

Wonder comic from Esso - covers gallery, part 1 of 2

For anyone who loves, like I do, collecting advertising comics then Wonder weekly from Esso is a must. The exact length of time that it ran for is unclear - the Complete catalogue of British comics (page 220) has it down as running for 52 issues but I've yet to see any issues numbered higher than 20. 

Wonder was 16 pages long (4 in full colour) and was professionally produced with high quality artists on each strip. The lead strip is 'Wonder boy and tiger' and the other strip in colour is 'Hovercraft patrol' by Luis Bermejo. 

As a starter for 10 here's my guide to what Wonder looked like - I've got most of the issues up to issue 20 but not all of them so if you can help fill in any of the gaps just let me know.

I'll try and cover the contents of Wonder another day but enjoy my covers gallery for now...

Lew Stringer covered Wonder on his old blog here and here   

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 1

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 2

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 3

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 4

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 5

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 6
issue not to hand

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 7

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 8

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 9

Wonder comic from Esso, issue 10


No comments:

Post a Comment