Search This Blog

29 September 2020

The Valiant book of mystery & magic, 1976 - part 2

I looked (here) at 'The Valiant book of mystery & magic 1976' and one strip in particular stands out, "The final victim"...


The art is by Joe 'Charley's war' Colquhoun so that's pretty good and the script is by Pat Mills & Derek Cribbling (who he?)

What stands out is that the (managing) editor is called "JJ Legrun" - I'd humbly suggest that this is a play on legendary IPC editor "Jack Le Grand".

I guess the question is is the artist, as drawn, Joe Colquhoun?

The other point to note is that the other day Steve Marchant was trying to ascertain if a photo he had was of Le Grand...the only clue he had was that he thought that Le Grand had a bit of a gap between his front teeth. I noticed that in the strip "Legrun" has just such a gap between his teeth - a co-incidence? Maybe I'm imagining it? Or is it a VERY good drawing of Le Grand?

No comments:

Post a Comment