Search This Blog

7 April 2021

Sticker book - Star Bears & Scare Bears

I looked here and here at Z comic from the Zodiac chain of toy shops. There was an advert for a free gift in issue 2 of a 'Scare Bears and Star Bears' sticker book...

I've not yet acquired a copy of issue 2 of Z comic but I do now have a copy of the sticker book...


The album has a copyright date of 1987; the copyright date on the stickers is 1986 for the Star Bears stickers and 1985 on the Scare Bears stickers (although it actually says  (c) Superbear Limited).

The album is hard to describe but if you opened it at the Star Bears 'front page' you go from stickers 1-180; you then get to the middle pages and you'd have to flip the book upside down; now you carry on with the (inverted) book and you count down from Scare Bears sticker 330 to Scare Bears 181

or to put it another way...

The album is hard to describe but if you opened it at the Scare Bears 'front page' you go from stickers 181-330; you then get to the middle pages and you'd have to flip the book upside down; now you carry on with the (inverted) book and you count down from Star Bears sticker 180 to Star Bears 1 

I got 2 packets of (loose) stickers recently - which is why I know about the copyright dates - but I hadn't seen them before. 

My album now has 58 stickers in it - a total album would have 360 stickers in it, so I don't think I'll ever be able to complete it as an album but I sort of like these hopeless projects because it's the thrill of the chase that's the fun bit. If I get any more stickers I'll let you know.






The 'full page' multi-sticker images look like they're by George Nicholas (my look at his work is here) and the single images by Craig Dixon and Mike Dibas.

If you've got any spares for the album do let me know - I've got a single spare (#213).


No comments:

Post a Comment