Search This Blog

29 January 2019

The unseen art of Ron Embleton - last chance to see

This week is your last chance to catch The unseen work of Ron Embleton at Messum's art gallery in central London. I've been intrigues by this exhibition ever since I was announced and I managed to get along to it on Saturday... 


If you're thinking about buying anything here's the price list...most works are still for sale...



Nude (green) and I am the King (on the next column)

Some of the landscapes I found much more impressive in real life rather than on the pages of the catalogue

London street scene...

This image below (#18) is my favourite of the exhibition, it's just so beautiful (and maybe it should be at £16,500), I would love this on my wall. But it's not going to happen.

Ken Smith's sculptural works are exhibited at the same time as Ron's work.



The nearly 40 works on show representing almost all of Ron non-illustration work that the Embleton family own. The paintings cover a variety of styles and subjects with varying degrees of abstraction (#36 and #37 are VERY different to #22-24), so presumably cover a long period of Ron's artistic output. Most are unsigned (at least on the front). 

For me, the best paintings are the landscape pieces with the more restrained colour palette (#5, 13, 14, 18, 21). Like I say, it's on until Friday so you still have a few days left to go and make up your own mind.

The catalogue is available to download here.

No comments:

Post a Comment