Search This Blog

23 August 2019

UPDATED: Beano calendars

Following on from a previous post (here) about Oor Wullie calendars I realised that there must be other DC Thomson calendars out there so I set off to google Beano calendars - so here's my guide to collecting them...

Don't forget you can review Commando calendars here and Judge Dredd calendars here

New material is highlighted in red











Interestingly the 1992 edition has a reference that says "Number 7" in the top right cover - indicating that this is the 7th edition of the calendar...

...hmmm, and the 1993 calendar says "Number 8"...

...hmmm, and the 1994 calendar says "Number 9"...



...thingk the 1995 one says 'number 10' in the top right corner

no sign of 1996 

Here's the 1997 calendar - you'll see from the back cover picture that this is (helpfully) number as number 12 so there must have been a calendar for 1996 (to be number 11)


The 1998 calendar

Then a gap again to 2004...



No 2005 calendar (I think!) so here's the 2006 edition... 

From ebay - but here's evidence of the 2008 calendar


...And then a long gap until 2018


1 comment:

  1. There were definitely Beano calendars between 1998 - 2004, I know because I used to get ones every year at Christmas! Let me have a rummage around my own comics and find pictures of them for you :) Ben

    ReplyDelete