Search This Blog

5 February 2019

Illustrators #26 - coming Summer 2019

I like Illustrators magazine and I'd like to read it more often but the in-depth focus on a small number of illustrators per issue means that my favourite type of illustrators - comics illustrators - can't be expected to take over a whole issue

Illustrators #26 (due Summer 2019) though will feature two (very different) comics artists - John Millar Watt and Philip Mendoza  




Millar Watt was an extremely versatile artist - from the simplicity of Pop to those gorgeous illustrations for Look and Learn

The other artist to be featured is Philip Mendoza who is probably best remembered these days for his illustrations of anthropomorphic animals..


...not all of his work was cute guinea pigs...



There is a preview of the magazine available here - the preview even makes a page-turning noise when you (digitally) turn the pages, lovely.  

1 comment:

  1. I love Millar Watt's Pop. I've been snapping up as much of it as I can. I dream of a deluxe reprint edition collecting all of the material. His lines are a masterclass in elegance and economy.

    ReplyDelete