Search This Blog

26 December 2020

UPDATED: undated annuals

As it's Christmas time it must be time to look at undated annuals, I  recently picked up my second undated Eagle annual as I know they're pretty uncommon - either as a mis-print or as a deliberate act. 
Previously I just has an undated Eagle annual for 1972 (below) - the front cover and spine are undated...


Here's what it should have looked like...

The Eagle annuals of 1971/2/3/5 all seem particularly set-up to have the date removed (if necessary) as it's a different colour to the rest of the cover...

...and now I have an undated 1971 annual too
The date has also been removed from the spine

...and now I have an undated 1975 annual too

So now I'm just after undated annuals for 1973 - if you can help me out with these just let me know...


I've read a theory that it was done so that the annuals could be shipped overseas where, because of the time taken to get them there by boat, they'd need a longer shelf-life to sell and if the annual was dated people wouldn't buy it as the year was already well under way.

Here are some other examples - anyone else got any other examples or theories about undated annuals? 











1 comment:

  1. I have Topper, Beezer, Beano and Dandy all undated from 1973, I am looking for Beryl the Peril 1973 undated if it exists. I have seen Beano 1972 undated as well

    ReplyDelete