Search This Blog

3 October 2019

Hurricanes comic - from DC Thomson

So this is clearly not to be confused with Hurricane comic (from the mid-1960s) but is in fact a 7 issue comic published by DC Thomson in 1994 - it was based on a cartoon series that ran from 1993-97 (it says here). The art is all very cartoon-y and is very different to what you might expect from a DC Thomson title. There's also plenty of photos of football players.


I'd like to comment further on the artists involved but for now I'll just start with scans for the particular issues I have - if you can help fill any gaps just get in touch. Thanks. 

Issue 1



Issue 2



Issue 3



Issue 4


Issue 5
no cover to hand



Issue 6



Issue 7 
no cover to hand

12 comments:

  1. I'd forgotten about this. I only bought the first issue and didn't keep it. By and large football comics don't last too long (Roy of the Rovers and DCT's Football digest excepted) but seven issues was a particularly short run!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. glad you liked it Lew :) - back issues seem very hard to acquire so I imagine the sales can't have been great at the time. Hopefully I'll acquire a full set over time. Happy blogging to you.

      Delete
  2. got a first issue including chewing gum whats it worth

    ReplyDelete
  3. got a first issue in cluding chewing gum whats it worth?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there, hard to say as they turn up infrequently, I'd say at least £5

      Delete
  4. This cartoon involved the titular footy team solving mysteries and fighting bad guys.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there would you consider selling issue 1? My son loves the hurricanes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hi, sorry but 'no', copies do turn up on ebay every so often so just keep looking there

      Delete
  6. Olá, poderia postar mais imagens?

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi there I have all 7 issues mint and a covering letter from the publisher explaining why they seized production 👍

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi there - if you're able to share the letter then I'd love to see it - you can contact me at rsheaf2001ATyahoo.co.uk [replacing the AT with @] . Thanks!

      Delete
  8. If anyone knows where to get Comics let me know please. Thanks

    ReplyDelete