Search This Blog

17 October 2019

Marvel UK's Madballs comic

Following on from my 'Captain Planet' post yesterday I thought I'd look at another Marvel UK title I've not previously covered. So here's Madballs for your enjoyment, from 1987/8, an 8 issue series. 

I don't own of these issues so I've had to pinch them off the internet. It's hard to tell if the covers are showing you a children's horror comic (covers to issues 1 and 5) or whether it's a kids comic (covers to issues 2, 3, 4 & 7). Anyway, enjoy! 

Madballs comic, Marvel UK, issue 1, October 1987

Madballs comic, Marvel UK, issue 2, November 1987

Madballs comic, Marvel UK, issue 3, December 1987

Madballs comic, Marvel UK, issue 4, January 1988

Madballs comic, Marvel UK, issue 5, February 1988

Madballs comic, Marvel UK, issue 6, March 1988
cover image not to hand

Madballs comic, Marvel UK, issue 7, April 1988

Madballs comic, Marvel UK, issue 8, April 1988



I put the post up on a facebook group and, as you can see from the note below, John Michael Burns (renowned colourist and nephew of artist John M Burns) commented about colouring the cover for #1 

No comments:

Post a Comment