Search This Blog

16 October 2019

Marvel UK - Captain Planet & the planeteers

Prompted by a question on a facebook group together I've been inspired to look into the 'Captain Planet and the planeteers' comic...I don't have any copies myself so I've scoured t'internet for the images below...Marvel US put out a 12-issue series but for Marvel UK I've only got up to issue 4 so far - were there more? Let me know! 


Captain Planet and the planeteers, Marvel UK, issue 1, cover dated 12th October 1991

Captain Planet and the planeteers, Marvel UK, issue 2, cover dated 26th October 1991
Looks like Mario Capaldi on cover art duties 

Captain Planet and the planeteers, Marvel UK, issue 3, cover dated 9th November 1991
cover not to hand

Captain Planet and the planeteers, Marvel UK, issue 4, cover dated 23rd November 1991

Looks like Mario Capaldi on cover art duties

Captain Planet and the planeteers, Marvel UK, holiday special
Hmmm, where did they get that idea for a cover from?

And Tim Perkins worked on the annual (and he also worked on a colouring book and the colouring & activity book)



I posted the above in a Facebook group and John Michael Burns (renowned colourist and nephew of artist John M Burns) was kind enought to make a comment on the post...



No comments:

Post a Comment